Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm bound to pack it up and go away.

Something minimally earth-shattering has occurred. On February 2, 2011 The White Stripes announced on their website that they are no longer continuing to make music together.
Just a side note, they're my favorite band.
Now, this doesn't come as a surprise to many. They haven't put out an album since 2007. Jack has been writing and producing with other artists all over the place. Meg didn't do much in the first place. Again, it isn't surprising, it just sucks. There is a very nice letter to the fans on their website (whitestripes.com) if you care to read it.
As tribute to the band which made me care about music in the first place, I have decided that for two weeks I will dress in White Stripes inspired outfits. 14 days. One day for every year the band was together.
For once someone in mourning can wear more than one colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment