Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sun Hands

Today was a good day.
One of the ones that are a completely normal day, but for some reason, you come home significantly more satisfied.
Wanna know what happened?
I scooted to work at 5:15AM in the rain.
I opened. Bright eyed and bushy tailed because I actually got a full night's sleep.
I had a very deep sociological discussion with a customer as the sun was rising.
I realized that I'm one of those people who go above and beyond the call of duty.
I laughed a lot, made weird noises and stupid faces. <got paid to do that
Work was slow, so I played volleyball with ice cubes.
I braved the wind and took a sunny scoot downtown.
Bought a green tweed blazer from a vintage store and 2 tix to a concert this Sunday.
Texted a boy to see if he was home, he didn't reply.
Scooted home.
He replied, and asked me to come over.
We chit chatted for some time while he shined his motorcycle and then we went inside and he taught me how to make French onion soup.
We set up the trampoline in his backyard and hopped in the sunshine while reminiscing of our childhoods.
Funny how I'm barely an adult and I can look back on my childhood like it was long ago.
Sat in the sun, let the wind blow my hair around, laughed. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment